Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wax Paper Resist Technique

Here is the latest technique we tried at my Cardmaker's club last week.  Sorry for the picture quality but my camera is having "issues".  Maybe user error?  That's what I'm guessing.

Well, break out that iron and ironing board that is holding all the dirty or clean clothes in your house.  It's time to craft with it!  

One small fact about me that you may or may not know is that I don't mind ironing.  I iron shirts, pants, skirts and sometimes hoodies but I DO NOT iron sheets or towels despite what my good friend, Allison, may think ;)  I know it's a weird and wonderful fact but it's true.


 I just love the way this technique turned out and it is SUPER easy! One tip though - don't leave your iron on the wax paper for too long or it melts ALL the wax paper onto your shimmer white paper and there won't be a pattern in sight!  Don't ask me how I know this :) Just a few secs is all you'll need!

Thanks for checking in!

Cheers, 
K

2 comments:

  1. Love this technique it is beautiful. I have a question...is the shimmer paper a necessity or an extra effect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the wax resist will work the same on Whisper White cardstock but the shimmer paper is more for the way the ink will interact with the paper and brayer. I'd like to see what wax resist on Whisper White and sponging the ink on will do.

    ReplyDelete