Thursday, January 13, 2011

Leaving for Nashville?

It's been such a whirlwind 48 hours I think my head might just spin off. It all started with a phone call. . .


I was set to leave for my first Leadership, my first Manager's Reception (Wed evening) on Wed morning at 7:45 am.  Packing was almost done, swaps done and just a few things to throw together and I was outta here.

I received a phone call from United had "rebooked" my flight to leave on Thursday due to snow in Chicago - WHAT????


After a frenzy of phone calls to fellow travellers, airlines and looking for other options we realized there weren't many.  I finally found Vincent - my hero (heart).  After being on hold for 2 hours with Air Canada I was able to change our booking to a different airline on Wed night at 12:10.  Yep, we were taking the red eye.  I'm sad I didn't take photos of myself with phones in both of my ears, lap top open, cooking dinner and royally screwing up baking some cornmeal muffins all in those two hours because it was pretty comical.  Well, it is comical now because I AM IN NASHVILLE!


After a few delays in Calgary (our crew was late to fly the plane), in Toronto (snow storm and only one run way open) we landed in Nashville at 10:30 am. Much better than the alternate of Thursday evening!  Look out Nashville here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment