Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why you need to become a demo?

Kind of a weird title for this post but I wanted to show you how useful Stampin UP products are for all sorts of things.

As January comes to a close this house starts to vibrate with excitement. 

Sale A Bration?  
Nope.   

Holidays on the horizon?
Nope.

Spring weather coming soon?
Nope. Yeah, right.

It's SCIENCE FAIR TIME!  Homework each night, stacks of library book and everyone gets involved.  This year Andrew picked "neutron stars" as his topic and yes, I had to ask "what are those?"  He has been working on the research part since the beginning of November and he now has to create the trifold.


So, that's where I came in.  The past three days I have spent spray painting the trifold black (and even got my hands COVERED with black spray paint). I should have had Andrew do this himself but  1) he gets home when it is almost dark 
2) the weather has been great and while the paint says it works best between 18-36 degrees, 5 degrees is perfect and 3) it really stinks so I'm guessing it isn't the best for his lungs.

Day one - Spray painting the trifold, but after the first few mins I realized it would take more than one coat.  It looked like a big gray mess.

Day two - Coat number two. Better.  Now just a big black mess.

Day three - Stampin UP to the rescue. 


SEE Shimmer Paint in frost white!

I had to spray paint this HUGE trifold and make sure it didn't blow away.

Not sure if you can see the speckles but those are supposed to be stars :)  I made this with the toothbrush and the shimmer paint.  Can't you see that technique on a card with stars and the Alien stamp set!




This weekend is when Andrew has to put all the "stuff" on his board.  I'll show you the finished project and how we will use more Stampin Up products to decorate it.  


See you have to become demo now too!  Sign up now and get 15% off the starter kit (just 182.75) and a bonus $60 bundle of product.

121620
165
Color Coach
$18.95
120806
183
Simply Sent Something Special (or any Simply Sent kit)
$14.95
117114
183
Live, Laugh, Love Set (or any Simply Sent stamp set)
  $11.95
119883
202
Full Heart Punch (or any punch valued at $23.95 or less)
$23.95

Contact me for more details!


Cheers, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment