Friday, July 5, 2013

First week of summer - GONE!

Morning!

I can NOT believe it is already Friday and the first week of summer vacation is over. :(  

I will not do this each week, I will not do this each week  . . . 

I love having the kids home for summer and they do too!  

This week was one of two weeks I have "scheduled" for them with a half day golf camp.  They've been chatting about pars, bogeys, back swing, and chipping with their dad.  I've been in a fog about what they are talking about and I'm okay with that. :)

With my mornings free I've been working on some cards for an upcoming card buffet and I hope I can find a free date where you can come make some cards for ALL Occasions!

On to today's card.  This is one I made for general swaps at Convention.  Less that two weeks to go!

 

It's a pretty simple card but there is a bit of prep involved.  Can't find this stamp in the catalogue??


It's the Birthday Candles Jumbo Wheel 130111 $10.50




I unmounted the wheel onto the Clear - Mount Cling foam.  How you ask?  With an exacto knife cut the rubber along the seam and place onto the foam (sticky side).  Trim around with scissors.
Clear - Mount Cling Foam 124236 $13.50 It comes with 2 big sheets!

 And made two stamps. 

One larger stamp great for a focal image and the small one works great for backgrounds.  If you want you could easily cut the small 5 candle stamp into individual candles too!
After I unmounted my stamp I used my Brights markers and coloured each candle.  It took a little time to make multiples of this card but I liked how they turned out!

What do you think?

Thanks for checking in and have a great weekend!

Cheers, 
K

1 comment:

  1. Cute card!! I love unmounting wheels...and this one looks like it's made to unmount! Your smaller stamp would be great for the inside of the card, or for the envelope. Thanks for the idea. --Doris

    ReplyDelete